2018-2019 BJBL Boys & 2018-2019 BJBL Girls Recreation League Registration
Recreational League Online Registration is open until midnight on 10/8/2018. (Teams will be drafted the week of 10/8/18 so no late registrations will be accepted.) Online Registration is mandatory!
The School Board voted to increase rental rates for extracurricular groups using the school facilities. With that said, our fees have gone up this year and are projected to increase again next year. If you have any questions/concerns regarding these increases please direct them to the school board.
2018-2019 BJBL Recreation League Details Below
•Cost is $90.00 ($5 discount for each additional sibling) includes jersey and T-shirt (players will be responsible for providing their own black shorts). Trophies for 2nd-3rd grades and place trophies for 4th-8th grades
•Season is 8 games mostly played on Saturdays. 3rd-8th have a season ending tourney. Practices are 1 night a week (same each week) for 1 hour. Games and practices are located in our Brownsburg school gyms.
•Practices for 2nd-6th Grade leagues will begin the week of 10-29-18 and Games will begin on 11-17-18. Season ends middle of February..
•7/8 Boys Rec season begins in February. They will play multi games in a week.
•Please note if not paid or arrangements made by 10-8-18 you will not be placed on a team. No late registrations will be accepted.
•We always need Coaches so please note when registering your child if you are willing to volunteer.
BOARD MEMBER POSITIONS ARE OPEN! IF YOU HAVE ANY AVAILABLE TIME AND INTEREST IN HELPING WITH THE BJBL, PLEASE EMAIL BRAD GRANT @ C21INDYAGENT@GMAIL.COM
Hope to see everyone in the gym. If you have any questions please email: email@example.com
2018/2019 BJBL BOYS HOOPS TRAVEL BASKETBALL TEAM TRYOUTS
First Open Tryout:
Players will be evaluated by Brownsburg Basketball Varsity Head Coach Steve Lynch and his staff along with a select few BJBL Board members. This initial tryout is for the purpose of getting down to the top (24) or so players in each grade level... there may be a few bubble players that will be invited back to the second tryout for a second look.
· Date: 8/26/18 Sunday
· Location: Brownsburg High School please enter door 14
· 2nd and 3rd Grade: 1:00-2:15pm (please arrive 30 minutes early to complete paperwork)
· 4th Grade: 2:30-3:45pm (please arrive 30 minutes early to complete paperwork)
· 5th Grade: 4:00-5:15pm (please arrive 30 minutes early to complete paperwork)
· 6th Grade: 5:30-6:45pm (please arrive 30 minutes early to complete paperwork)
· A parent must accompany each player to register. All requested info must be filled out and legible or the player will not be considered eligible to play in the Boys Hoops Travel Program.
· Dress in basketball attire.
· Bring clean shoes for the gym floor.
Players will be evaluated by Brownsburg Basketball Varsity Head Coach Steve Lynch and his staff along with a select few BJBL Board members. This second tryout is for the purpose of placing players on the appropriate team ("A" or one of the "B" teams) and to make final cuts.
Location : Brownsburg High School
2nd & 3rd Grade: 8/28/18 (Tuesday) from 6:15-7:30pm @ Brownsburg High School (please arrive 15 minutes early)
4th Grade: 8/28/18 (Tuesday) from 7:30-8:45pm @ Brownsburg High School (please arrive 15 minutes early)
5th Grade: 8/29/18 (Wednesday) from 6:15-7:30pm @ Brownsburg High School (please arrive 15 minutes early)
6th Grade: 8/29/18 (Wednesday) from 7:30-8:45pm @ Brownsburg High School (please arrive 15 minutes early)
Home School & Private School Player must bring the following to the evaluation in order to be considered eligible to play in the Boys Hoops Travel Program... the player will not be allowed to tryout without the following (no exceptions):
· A recent photo scanned or copied on to their birth certificate (no original or loose photos will be accepted)
· Two (2) current utility bills for proof of address.
· Submit a letter on school letterhead confirming address on file and grade level.
Brownsburg Junior Basketball League / Boys Hoops will be responsible for the selection and administration of the boys travel basketball. Boys Hoops Travel Basketball is sponsored by the Brownsburg Junior Basketball League (BJBL). The organization has the purpose and importance in developing the best overall basketball program a school community can provide. The goal is to work together and develop the most knowledgeable, enthusiastic and talented players.
The Brownsburg Boys Hoops Travel Basketball Program consists of the following:
· If the participant is selected to be on a Hoops team you will receive an electronic invitation to register and pay online. The league fee is $160 without uniform. The participant will not be able to practice / play until registration is complete and payment is made.
· Payment of uniform, if needed, will be addressed by the vendor who provides the uniforms directly.
· We will play in the Indy Hoops League; this is a ten game school based league with a single elimination tournament at the end.
· We will play in at least one additional league usually played on Saturday's (TBD).
· Indy Hoops League are played on Sundays with games starting no earlier than noon and the latest game starting at 5:30pm.
· Games will be played at different schools from the surrounding area (typically 15-45 minute travel times)
· Travel Basketball is played with High School Rules on 10’ goals except for a few rule changes to enhance the 3rd grade leagues.
· The commitment to practice includes (3) hours over (2) days a week… days TBD. M-Th
· The skill level in the Hoops Program is more competitive than the BJBL Recreational League play. Players can participate on both Brownsburg Hoops Travel Teams and BJBL Recreational League Teams, but are not required to do both.
If you have any questions or are unable to attend your assigned time frame, please email Shawn Harmon at:
Brownsburg Junior Basketball League is a not-for-profit organization whose primary purpose is to provide an opportunity for Girls and Boys in the community to play Indiana's favorite game in a fun and exciting atmosphere. Brownsburg children from 2nd to 8th grade are eligible to play.
The league provides a great opportunity for kids to learn fundamental skills, to be a part of a team, and to have a lot of fun being part of Bulldog Basketball! Don’t miss out - We’d love to see you in the gym!